Teaching and Language Corpora Conference
University of Perpignan, France
July 15–18, 2020
The conference will be held at the University of Perpignan in the south of France, 15–18 July 2020.
The following speakers have agreed to give plenaries: Maggie Charles (University of Oxford), Mark Davies (Brigham Young University), Sylvain Detey (Waseda University), François Maniez (University of Lyon 2), Pascual Pérez-Paredes (University of Cambridge).
Paper presentations will consist of a 20-minute talk (in English) followed by 10 minutes for questions and discussion. Topics that are within the scope of TaLC include, but are not necessarily limited to, corpus-based approaches to language learning, teaching and assessment in the following areas:
- teaching first and second languages (including data-driven learning materials and student-centred linguistic investigation)
- teaching languages for specific purposes
- teaching interpreting and translation
- engaging with spoken data
- teaching intercultural communication
- developing pedagogic grammars and learner dictionaries
- developing corpora/tools/resources
- teacher education
- research on second language acquisition and learner corpus research
- teaching of corpus methods to students and researchers in linguistics
Submissions for poster presentations may be shorter. Generally, we suggest submitting an abstract for a poster rather than a paper presentation for: (a) reports on research in its very early phases with no intermediate or final results to report or (b) reports on new corpus data resources.
Abstracts (300–500 words) should be submitted through the online submission system by clicking on the following link: https://easychair.org/cfp/talc2020. Deadline for abstract submission: 15 January 2020.
If you are interested in organising one of the workshops (Wednesday 15 July), please contact the organisers (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a brief proposal and proposed timeline (morning, afternoon or all-day workshop). Once the conference website indicates that the maximum number of workshops has been reached, no further proposals can be accommodated.