EAAL Conference 2023: Language: the user in focus – April 27-28, 2023
Estonian Association for Applied Linguistics (EAAL) Conference 2023
Abstract submission until 28 February 2023
Conference date: 27-28 April 2023
Official website: https://www.rakenduslingvistika.ee/kevadkonverents/
Language is a means of communication that people use to express their thoughts and feelings. It is a complex, dynamic system that is constantly evolving and changing. Language is influenced and shaped by the people who use it - language use depends on social, cultural and historical factors, but also on context.
Over the two days we will discuss how language is born in use, how people acquire it, use it, create it and apply it. We expect papers and presentations discussing these topics and looking at the broad and colourful landscape of Applied Linguistics.
More specifically, attendees can expect to glean deeper insight into:
- corpus linguistics and language technology
- language learning and language acquisition
- language models and language modelling
- globalization, multilingualism and multiculturalism
- lexicography and lexicology
- language planning and language policy
- business and professional communication
- language in the media and public discourse
- sociolinguistics and psycholinguistics
- cultural anthropology
- cognitive sciences
The conference itself will take place in Estonian and English.