Welcome to the next national symposium for ASLA (Swedish Association for Applied Linguistics) organized on 18–19 April 2024 at the Department of Language, Literature and Learning, Dalarna University.
Theme for the symposium
The theme of the symposium is Language and communication in a digitized world, which should be interpreted in a broad and creative sense. Contributions within applied linguistics that are not directly connected to the theme are also welcome. In addition to session presentations, the symposium includes four plenary lectures, a panel discussion and poster presentations.
- Marte Blikstad-Balas, University of Oslo
- Mona Blåsjö, Stockholm University
- Carey Jewett, University College London
- Maiju Strömmer, University of Jyväskylä
Submission of abstracts
Abstracts for conference contributions are submitted via the symposium's website. The length of the abstract is max. 300 words excluding references. The abstract must clearly state the study's purpose, method, theoretical starting point and (expected) results.
The last day for submitting abstracts is October 15, 2023.
Contributions can be in Swedish, Danish, Norwegian or English. The symposium is held in Falun. We also offer the possibility of digital presentations.
- August 15, 2023: The abstract submission system opens
- October 15, 2023: Last day for abstract submission
- December 15, 2023: Notification of accepted abstract
- January 15, 2024: Registration for the symposium opens
- February 1, 2024: Last day for Early Bird registration
- March 1, 2024: Last day for registration
- April 18–19, 2024: The ASLA Symposium takes place