Application for Grants
In applying for a Solidarity Award, individuals or affiliates applying on behalf of an individual must supply online all the following information:
- A copy of the abstract accepted to the upcoming AILA World Congress or abstract of contribution in a symposium or Research Network (ReN) session.
- One document in PDF-format, containing a) a letter of application giving the motivation of the applicant to participate, the reasons why participation without the award might be impossible, and how the applicant intends to make use of the congress participation afterwards and b) a CV from the applicant, showing evidence of academic excellence and/or promise;
- One document in PDF-format containing the proposed budget for the expenses, also specifying whether the applicant seeks either
:: a 'full' award, covering reasonable travel costs, accommodation and congress fees, or
:: a 'travel' award, covering reasonable travel costs and congress fees;
- A letter of support (digital document in PDF-format) from an AILA affiliate association, an AILA Research Network, or a senior academic who is acquainted with the candidate's work.
Please note: In addition to financial need and academic merit of application, the selection committee will also consider applicants' potential for regional networking on behalf of AILA within their applied linguistics community after the congress as well as envisaged channels of dissemination of information gained through congress participation. Such aspects should be addressed in the letter of application.
- Successful applicants must provide the AILA Executive Board with a one-page report within a month of the congress; the reports will be published in AILA News.
- Applications can be submitted only after the review of paper proposals for AILA 2020 has been completed.
Applications for a Solidarity Award are submitted to :
Dr. Christina Gitsaki
In case of any further queries, applicants should send an e-mail to the Chair of the Solidarity Committee of the AILA Executive Board Prof. Azirah Hashim.