IRAAL Postgraduate Award 2020
IRAAL is offering awards aimed at supporting postgraduate research students currently conducting applied linguistic research in an institution on the island of Ireland.
The successful candidates will be acknowledged at the IRAAL 2020 AGM in November and on the conference website, and will receive:
- One year’s free membership of IRAAL (beginning January 2021).
- Free registration for the IRAAL 2020 conference at UCD, Spring 2020.
- A once-off financial award of €200 for the successful Master’s student, and €300 for the successful PhD student.
- Awards are exclusively reserved for Master’s (by research) students and PhD students (levels 9 and 10). Applicants must be currently registered in a research degree programme in a third level institution on the island of Ireland.
- The awardees must present their research at the following IRAAL conference at UCD. Ideally, the oral presentation/poster will relate to the conference theme and IRAAL must be acknowledged in the presentation.
- Candidates must complete an application form, which can be found here.
- Candidates must provide a letter in support of their application from their supervisor or course director.
- Applications are to be submitted to email@example.com with the subject line ‘IRAAL Postgraduate Award’ by 23:00 on Friday the 30th of October 2019.
- Applications will be reviewed by the IRAAL Executive Committee.
- The initial list of potential awardees will be prepared by the IRAAL Executive Committee based on: a binary decision on the eligibility of the applicant based on the above given criteria; contribution to the field of Applied Linguistics in Ireland; and added value for the applicant, home institution, and IRAAL.
Priority will be given to candidates who are not already in receipt of any other substantial financial award. If needed for the process of evaluation, additional documentation may be requested.