AILA Research Networks: Call for Applications for new ReNs
Deadline: 15 January, 2022
- Research Networks (ReNs) within AILA are formed for promoting research and disseminating their research findings inside and outside AILA. Each ReN focuses on a special topic area of Applied Linguistics that has the potential for new cross-disciplinary research.
- ReNs exist for three years and can be renewed. Generally, the life of a ReN is not expected to be longer than six years (https://aila.info/about/statutes_and_bylaws/bylaws/).
The criteria for ReNs includes:
- a research area pertaining to applied linguistics;
- participants who are active in the research area of the ReN;
- at least five members, some of whom should be new scholars;
- multinational composition with universities from at least three countries;
- a commitment to fill a ReN symposium slot at the 2024 AILA Congress;
For applications (both renewals and new applications), the ReN convener must submit a proposal to the ReN Coordinator, Glenda El Gamal at firstname.lastname@example.org. The proposal should consist of:
- a statement concerning the scope of the ReN,
- a list of the participants of the ReN and their affiliation,
- a plan for ReN activities for the upcoming three years, and
- a design for a ReN symposium at the 2024 AILA Congress in Kuala Lumpur
Applications to set up a ReN should be submitted by 15 January. Submissions should be sent to the AILA ReN Coordinator Glenda El Gamal at email@example.com
Notification of acceptance will occur by 28 February 2022.