2020 AILA World Congress
August 9-14, 2020
University of Groningen, Netherlands
The AILA 2020 World Congress in Groningen, August 9–14, offers novel interactive formats. There are almost 200 symposia to choose from. Researchers submit their paper to one of these symposia by September 16, 2019. This is how to proceed:
- You can scan the list of symposia here
- You can search here for a specific symposium by title, keyword, organiser or featured speaker.
- Once you know to which symposium you want to submit, press submit a proposal. A drop-down menu will ask which symposium you want to contribute to.
Submissions need to include the following:
- Author(s) and affiliation(s)
- Title: max. 20 Words
- Abstract: max. 300 Words
- Summary for in program: max. 50 Words
There are three types of presentation supported at AILA 2020 :
- Featured multimodal presentations (BY INVITATION ONLY): 30 minutes or so of a ppt presentation, 10 minutes for discussion. These will take place at the beginning of each half-day slot and will set the tone for the symposium. You must have been explicitly invited by the symposium organiser(s) to submit to this format.
- Standard multimodal presentations: What we are most used to seeing at conferences: 12-20 minute presentations with a ppt. The exact amount of time for each of these presentations is up to the symposium organizers and depends on the number of abstracts accepted.
- Focused multimodal presentations: The most innovative presentations at AILA 2020! In pitches of 2-5 minutes, speakers advertise the presentations that take place over lunch in the dedicated focused presentation space where the symposia attendants meet. All the focused multimodal presentations include a poster . Additionally, these presenters will have the opportunity to upload a full 12-minute version of their paper (video/audio ppt) to the AILA website for exposure for a full year after presenting at AILA 2020.
By November 18th presenters will be notified. If accepted, the following wording will be used no matter whether it concerns a standard or focused multimodal presentation:
“Congratulations! Your paper has been accepted as a multimodal presentation at the AILA 2020 World Congress….”.
Please note the following policies:
- Individuals may submit a maximum of one abstract as first author. This means that an individual can only appear once as a first author on the program.
- An individual may take on an additional role: as a symposium organizer and/or as featured speaker.
- An individual may also appear as a co-author/co-presenter of another paper, provided they are not first author.
- All proposals must represent original and unpublished work that is not yet available to the AILA membership.
- Proposals will be double-blind peer reviewed. Please ensure that any reference made to your previous work within the proposal does not include self-reference information that clearly identifies you or one of your co-authors.
- Individuals who will not be attending the conference are discouraged from submitting proposals.
- The author's confirmation of attendance and presentation signifies that the author will present the paper on the day and time assigned by the conference program committee. The AILA 2020 organizers will not respond to or consider requests for a specific time slot.