3rd International Conference on Communication Across Cultures
Revisiting Multiculturalism and Interdisciplinarity
in today's Academic Communication
December 6 - 7 2018
University of Social Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
The conference is under the patronage of Polish Association of Applied Linguistics (PTLS)
The purpose of this conference is to create a forum for discussions on changes in the perception of cultural and linguistic identities in an academic environment. It aims to explore the evolution of communication styles taking place in today’s globalized and multicultural societies.
We invite representatives from the departments of humanities and social sciences who are interested in exchanging theoretical and practical approaches to these phenomena and processes: on a global, national or regional level; from disciplinary, intercultural, cognitive and educational perspectives.
Therefore, the conference aims to bring together scholars and practitioners from the fields of anthropocentric linguistics; anthropological linguistics; linguistic anthropology; identity and cultural studies; SLA, ESP and English as a lingua franca.
PROBLEMS FOR DISCUSSION
The themes that will be discussed and analyzed during the conference:
- Multiple identities and Englishes in academic communication
- Interdisciplinarity, and the structure and functions of academic texts
- Multiculturalism: theoretical and practical challenges
- Identity negotiation in cultural and academic contexts; cross-cultural perspectives
- English as a lingua franca and ‘national’ discourses
SPEAKERS WHO HAVE ALREADY CONFIRMED THEIR PARTICIPATION
- Prof. Ray Fabri, Institute of Linguistics and Language Technology, University of Malta, Malta
- Prof. Ken Hyland, University of East England, Norwich, England
- Prof. zw. dr hab. dr h.c. (multi) Franciszek Grucza, University of Social Sciences, Warsaw
- Prof. zw. dr hab. Piotr P. Chruszczewski, College for Interdisciplinary Studies, University of Wroclaw
The language of the conference will be English.
Papers will be allocated 20 minutes plus 10 minutes for questions. Abstracts of no more than 300 words including references should be sent as MS Word attachment to email@example.com by 23rd September, 2018. Notifications of acceptance will be communicated by 7th October, 2018. For further information please follow the link http://cocac.san.edu.pl/
There will be an opportunity to publish in Kwartalnik Neofilologiczny (Neophilological Quarterly, Polish Academy of Sciences) indexed in ERIH PLUS (European Reference Index for the Humanities and the Social Sciences) and list B of academic journals of the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education (12 points).
We look forward to welcoming you at the conference!